"BUT MARY TREASURED UP ALL THESE THINGS AND PONDERED THEM IN HER HEART." LUKE 2:19

~ things i love with a capital P ~

PERSPECTIVE, pottery barn patio furniture displays, practically all track jackets, putting my hope in Christ alone, photography, pistachio nuts, parenting as a privilege, pairs of cute sunglasses, painful times deepening friendships, pink bubblegum ice cream (by the pint), perseverance, practical jokes, people, people i can trust, plumeria flowers, pearl earrings that were my grandma's, pantene smooth vitality conditioner, plopping clutter into the trash, pigtails all messed up after naptime on my girls, purel hand sanitizer, painting walls with color, pouring into people's lives, plush blankets, prioritizing, polished nails, pharmacies with 24hr drive-thrus, places where palm trees survive winter, packing away my 2009 "calendar", pacific northwest mountains & rivers, pie plates with fluted edges, purpose, puppies named bronson, preferring the word pacing vs. procrastinating, people who love to say i'm sorry more than they love to hear it, pocket-sized butterfingers, phone calls with special friends, piano music, patterned scarves, practicing not to presume things, planting flowers in pots, passion, penne pasta, panda bears reminding me of my love for HK & japan, pillows that are just right, praise & worship freeing people of pride & insecurities, paying for starbucks coffee with gift cards, putting on my running shoes, pomegranate mixed drinks, putting off dishes till company leaves, purses filled with lipgloss, people who can be vulnerable, parties for every occasion, politeness, plane rides to far away places, popcorn that's air-popped, paul marrying stephanie, pedicures, peaceful homes, price tags with a clearance sticker on them, pre-recorded tv watching, poverty prompting compassion, pieces of angel food cake & strawberries for breakfast, peeking in on my girls while they sleep, products from bath-n-body works, packs of trident spearmint gum, people who can laugh & be witty when life gets hard, paper plates in bulk, papa murphys garlic spinach chicken artichoke de-lite pizza, pretending my girls and i wrote 'put your arms around me' by natasha bedingfield for each other & singing/dancing to it each night after work to remind me to put grace & humor in EVERYTHING (towards myself & them) or it will feel like a really long work week, a very short life, and an inevitable amount of colorful language exposure that i couldn't possibly blame all on the playground...............

we're. crazy. about. these. songs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 7, 2010

"5 Things I Love" Friday ~The cliché holding true~

1. I LOVE:  My work week coming to an end. (I heart Fridays almost as much as I heart my pillow!)
 
2. I LOVE:  That it's not windy here today after weeks and weeks of it.  I suppose this may sound a tiny bit whiney and selfish, but actually it's A LOT whiney and selfish!  (I can finally let these wild and crazy toddler monkey's & their balls of energy loose on the backyard and the new, lonely Little Tykes Playhouse and Swingset it's sporting-- minus chilly hands, chapped cheeks, and nose's dripping with evidence of Allergy Season being upon us. )
 
In regards to the wind...If you can't beat it.....Go build a kite with paper, sticks, tape, reused grocery sacks ... and join it!)
 








 
 3.  I LOVE:  Thomas 100% Whole Wheat Bagels! (again....not just a little, but....A LOT!) As well as that on my last trip to the west side to hang with my Lisa, I discovered after 3 decades that I do in fact love CREAM CHEESE on them.
 
 
4.  I LOVE:  The things that my girls say. Hallé: ~as she sneaks into my bed about an hour before my alarm goes off~  "Just come here you, come here, come here, (with a tight, alligator style snuggle-squeeze) because I'm yours Claire-Bug Baby and I just can't ever get enough of my beautiful MOMMA MOMMA!"   XOXOXOX's!  Eden: ~as she hopped out of the car and onto the school curb to race the already rung bell to her quickly closing classroom door....(Us rushing in the morning..shocking...i know)  "Whoa, mom...I almost forgot to give you a KISS!?!?!?" XOXOXOX's      
 I'm typing their quotes out because I missed getting them on a recording device....which I then of course would have used to wake myself up to every morning when they're teenagers....even better I would have made them wake up to it every morning. 
I look forward to the affections changing as they grow older, but I will miss these tiny feet and fingers wrapped around my neck and legs begging for kisses every morning.  For now, My exhaustion feels grateful when they finally fall asleep at night, but my heart is blessed with a grace from God to have an awareness of having missed them when I first see them in the morning.
 
5.  I LOVE:  MY FRONT PORCH FLOWER GARDEN THAT I POTTED ON WEDNESDAY!  (pix in previous post)  I've been soaking in the 'shmorgusboard 'of flower color combos and blossom/petal designs that has God chosen to "AWE" my afternoon times of reading on the front porch with lately.
 
~'Time Goes So quickly' cliché holds true around here~

1 comment:

  1. What? Pictures with no Pink Cowboy Boots, how can that be:) Gene.

    ReplyDelete