"BUT MARY TREASURED UP ALL THESE THINGS AND PONDERED THEM IN HER HEART." LUKE 2:19

~ things i love with a capital P ~

PERSPECTIVE, pottery barn patio furniture displays, practically all track jackets, putting my hope in Christ alone, photography, pistachio nuts, parenting as a privilege, pairs of cute sunglasses, painful times deepening friendships, pink bubblegum ice cream (by the pint), perseverance, practical jokes, people, people i can trust, plumeria flowers, pearl earrings that were my grandma's, pantene smooth vitality conditioner, plopping clutter into the trash, pigtails all messed up after naptime on my girls, purel hand sanitizer, painting walls with color, pouring into people's lives, plush blankets, prioritizing, polished nails, pharmacies with 24hr drive-thrus, places where palm trees survive winter, packing away my 2009 "calendar", pacific northwest mountains & rivers, pie plates with fluted edges, purpose, puppies named bronson, preferring the word pacing vs. procrastinating, people who love to say i'm sorry more than they love to hear it, pocket-sized butterfingers, phone calls with special friends, piano music, patterned scarves, practicing not to presume things, planting flowers in pots, passion, penne pasta, panda bears reminding me of my love for HK & japan, pillows that are just right, praise & worship freeing people of pride & insecurities, paying for starbucks coffee with gift cards, putting on my running shoes, pomegranate mixed drinks, putting off dishes till company leaves, purses filled with lipgloss, people who can be vulnerable, parties for every occasion, politeness, plane rides to far away places, popcorn that's air-popped, paul marrying stephanie, pedicures, peaceful homes, price tags with a clearance sticker on them, pre-recorded tv watching, poverty prompting compassion, pieces of angel food cake & strawberries for breakfast, peeking in on my girls while they sleep, products from bath-n-body works, packs of trident spearmint gum, people who can laugh & be witty when life gets hard, paper plates in bulk, papa murphys garlic spinach chicken artichoke de-lite pizza, pretending my girls and i wrote 'put your arms around me' by natasha bedingfield for each other & singing/dancing to it each night after work to remind me to put grace & humor in EVERYTHING (towards myself & them) or it will feel like a really long work week, a very short life, and an inevitable amount of colorful language exposure that i couldn't possibly blame all on the playground...............

we're. crazy. about. these. songs.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 20, 2008

"We're Rollin' in the Dough!"

That's Right....it's our favorite time of year....
Bulk Pie Making Time!
Ok, for those of you who know me...Yes, it has a lot to do with the fact that I love eating Pie dough! If you say "gross" then you don't have my pie dough recipe! "Thanks Mom." ( I think she actually entered it into a contest when she was in high school and won!)....I also have my grandma's lucky parring knife which I'm convinced is the ticket...j/k Maybe I should keep it a secret?!?
-Too late...the girls are already experts!

They're busy at it so put your orders in now..

"They're not ready yet Will (l)....."

See....Look at them, you just have to taste this dough!


Sprinkles and all???
(no matter how much influence I assert I can't convince them that sprinkles aren't appropriate on "everything"...maybe I'm wrong!?

(Thank you Anya & Tracie for the personalized aprons) *******************I didn't get a picture of it...because it was hazardous to bring the camera into the kitchen after the flour started flying and shortening all over our hands...

However, Eden did make her very first little pies. (she's been doing it for years, but this time-no hands from Mommy) She made them in these little ceramic heart shaped dishes, it was sooo cute to watch her roll and transfer in into the little dish and attempt to "flute" the edges. Then when I was off in the bathroom washing about a cup of shortening off of Hallé..lol,- Eden totally surprised me and took the Saran wrap and covered all 8 pie crusts that we had rolled and arranged in the dishes and needed to cover and freeze...I was so proud of her (& thankful I didn't have to do it)Making Pies with the girls will always be my very favorite thing to do together; it's messy, delicious, and always makes me grateful that I have loved ones to share them with...I hope it will continue to be one of theirs throughout the years. I truly am blessed with the sweetest and most adorable daughters, a wonderful family and perfect best friends. When I think of those that God picked to let me share afternoon laughs & tears with, Starbucks caffeine relief breaks, and holiday stupid human tricks with...I know I am blessed! When I have those days that I feel "just average"...I look at my "power team"...you know who you are, and I know in my heart for the ump-teen million-th time how lucky I am as "His child" to share my God's Eye view! "Thank you God for letting my eyes be open to your small and purposeful things in life-especially for my babies and pies!"

No comments:

Post a Comment